Thursday, May 12, 2011

KCWC Spring 2011 Day 3

IMG_4685

Oh me oh my it is Day 3 of the challenge and Miss Zari is making out like a bandit.

She pretty much likes anything she sees me make. The older kiddos on the other hand have a lot of opinions regarding what they “want” made. Imagine that???

IMG_4689

So, for day 3 I threw together a Pillowcase Top using Amanda Soule’s pattern in Handmade Home and fancied up a pair of Pajama Pants using Heather Ross’ Weekend Sewing pajama pants pattern for everyone.

IMG_4690

I bought this pillowcase a while ago with intention to make it into exactly this. I really like the handwork and the simple white.

IMG_4695

While out and about yesterday, I stopped by the local fabric store to pick up a few things I needed to complete kcwc. On the top of my list was bias tape. Yep, you guessed it, you will be seeing a few more of these pillowcase tops/ dresses this week. Anyway, they were seriously out of every color I had in mind to match my pillowcases. So, I went with red keeping my fingers crossed I would not be bummed out thinking it looked too Valentines Day or Xmas like.

IMG_4694

Ta da! It so does not look too holiday to me and low and behold check out the red pants I whipped up using scraps from the scrap stash and trims from the trim stash.

I LOVE when an ends and odds project, out of the stash bucket come together so well.

This week is thus far a ton of fun, though My older three would like in on the fun. So please stay tuned, there will be “bigger” items with a ton of input from the “big littles” showcased in the next few days.

No comments: