Tuesday, May 17, 2011

KCWC Spring 2011 Day 6

Apologies, I did indeed write this post with the intent of posting it on Day 6, but we had a internet trouble while at my mom’s. Better late than never…


IMG_4718


When I mentioned simple I was not kidding. Today I sewed yet another Pillowcase Dress using Amanda Soule’s pattern in Handmade Home. To spice it up a bit I threw in a pair of Ruby’s Bloomers from Heather Ross’ Weekend Sewing.


IMG_4719


Again, I really like the simplicity of up-cycling a beautiful vintage pillowcase into a simple quaint dress. There is just something really beautiful about a little girl running around in white cotton with bare shoulders.


IMG_4720


I do not think one can tell from the shabbiness of my pictures, but I used pink thread to sew up these little bloomers not only to add a bit of contrast but also to bring the “outfit” together.


IMG_4721


I have made way too many pillowcase tops/ dresses this week. But that is indeed how one comes to perfection, right?


I have overused the word, “simple”, but than again that is right where I am at.


I have referred to up-cycling, Amanda Soule, and Heather Ross everyday. Hmmm…what does that say about me, I m boring?


Thinking it is high time I try something new before my kids grow weary of my sewing their boring simple wardrobes. Do you have any recommendations?

No comments: