Friday, May 13, 2011

KCWC Spring 2011 Day 4

So happy to have finally made my little guy something other than PJ pants!!!

IMG_4696

Nishan scored camo flat front shorts with pockets using a tutorial from Dana over at Made. This is the first time I used one of her tutorials and it will definitely not be the last. I loved her thorough instructions and pictures.

IMG_4701

My guy was super excited to pick out his fabric and requested a matching tee. I did not have enough fabric to bust out a full camo outfit, and even if I did, I would of refused to comply as I would of lost my fave dude. So, he settled for the faux tie tee. If you like it as much as I do you can use this tutorial from Saltwater Kids.

IMG_4703

While rummaging around looking for a few things to use in this weeks sewing, I came across my half finished bin.

IMG_4704

I sadly started this over a year ago, but hey, its finished now! It is the Lazy Days Skirt from Oliver + S blog. I am not sure why in the world it sat for so long as it really is one of the easiest things I make. 

IMG_4705

I am amazed how easily it whips up and yet looks so polished and “real”. Ya know, sometimes home sewing looks just that, but this skirt never does.

IMG_4713

Thanks to this week our Florida pile is growing and the challenge still has a few more days.

No comments: